Investing in a new commercial building, regardless of whether it’s an office building or a distribution center, requires considerable planning. Investors are often interested in achieving specific goals, but having the time team for architecture, construction, and execution, makes the biggest difference. Finding the right architectural practice is critical, and in this post, we are sharing more on how to choose one.
- Start with work profile. In Montreal, services like Stendel Reich architecte commercial have worked across a wide range of projects. From retail spaces to data centers, food processing units, and everything else, they have done it all. The work profile or portfolio of an architectural firm should be considered before anything else.
- Ask for references. If a company has been into architecture and commercial projects for a while, they wouldn’t shy away from offering references. Make sure that you ask the concerned firm to offer a glimpse of the work the have done so far.
- Discuss your requirements. Every commercial building has a particular purpose, and discussing the same with an architectural practice in depth is necessary. This allows their team to come up with solutions that are unique and niche for the project, besides demonstrating what they can really offer for a project.
- Ask the tough questions. There are some basic questions that an architectural practice must answer. For example – How does a firm differ from others? How do they plan to tackle some of the inherent challenges? What are their plans for adhering to the timeline and budget?
- Get quotes but don’t be tempted. While most architectural firms and companies will be happy to bid for a project, but do not get tempted by the idea of choosing the lowest one. Adhering to a budget is important for sure, but you need a team of architects who can align their expertise with your business.
Other things to consider
Most architectural firms prefer to use of client’s existing resources, so ask in advance about the extent of support they expect. Knowing the team of architects, especially the key designers, is critical. As a client, it is wise to ask about their qualifications, big projects, and why they would be the ideal fit for your requirements. Check some of their recent projects in depth to know more about their work culture and approach to the job. A known company will also have good reviews in the industry.