This article is for you if you have a blocked drain in Sittingbourne! With a variety of methods that can be done at home with minimal fuss. We will cover how to unblock drains Sittingbourne using a plunger, hanger, baking soda/vinegar, soapy water, and drain snake. Read on to learn more about these methods and when it’s time to call in the professionals.
Use A Plunger
If you can get a plunger or a drainage company in Sittingbourne, the first thing you should try is using it to unblock drains.
The Technique Is Simple:
- Gather your materials (plunger and bucket)
- Put the plunger on the end of your pipe.
- Push down firmly to create suction and reduce pressure in the pipe. It will help push out any clogs in your pipes and clear them completely!
Clear The Pipe With A Wire Hanger
To clear the drain with a wire hanger, you’ll need:
- A wire hanger or other long metal object
- Water or liquid dish soap (optional)
Baking Soda And Vinegar
If you have a slow drain, you may be able to unblock Sittingbourne by pouring baking soda down the drain and following up with vinegar. As the two chemicals react, they create a fizzing reaction that loosens clogs inside the pipe. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes before flushing it down your sink. If necessary, repeat this process until the blockage clears up completely.
Soapy Water Down The Drain
- First, try plunging the drain.
- If that doesn’t work, use a wire hanger.
- If that doesn’t work, try using a drain snake.
- If that doesn’t work and you’re desperate, try using baking soda and vinegar to clear up the blockage.
- If none of those things works (and if you’ve had your last resort), you can always give soapy water down the drain a go!
Use A Drain Snake
Use a drain snake in the pipe. A drain snake is a long flexible metal rod with a handle at one end that’s inserted into the blocked drain opening and pushed through it to remove obstructions. It can clear any pipe blockage, including hair, roots, food scraps, grease and debris.
It Is Easy To Unblock Drains Sittingbourne.
It is easy to unblock drains Sittingbourne. You first need to lay down a plastic sheet and ensure it covers the whole floor, including under the bath and sink. It will help you avoid getting any of the water on your bed, which could cause stains or damage to your property.
Next, put on some waterproof gloves. You can pick these up cheaply at most supermarkets or hardware stores in Sittingbourne. Then get a plunger from the bathroom cupboard with an expandable cup at one end and a handle on top for pushing air into it; this should be located under or beside the toilet or sink where you are trying to unblock Sittingbourne.
Now that you know how to unblock drains Sittingbourne, you can save money on plumbing services without worrying about any significant issues. It is a great skill to add to your arsenal because there are instances when plumbers aren’t available or don’t offer same-day service. When those times occur, make sure you have some of these tips handy, so they can help get rid of a clog in your drain. Or, as a second safe thought, you can hire a drainage company in Sittingbourne.